| || |
Today the former Dominican-abbey and between 1844-1878 foundation-abbey of the nun-order of Sisters of Jesus poor child
is hosting the general vicariate (main administration) of Aachen diocese.
During World War II the neo-classical abbey's east-wing was demolished but its cellar remained. In the following (maybe still during the war as shelter) its vaults have been supported by massive iron beams. But its regular entrance was closed with masonry in after-war-times and it felt into oblivion.
By basement-works at the neighbouring building in 2016 a small area of the cellar-vault collapsed and a cellar-window-like access occurred.
In agreement with Aachen preservation department the diocese enacted to document the cellar in orthogonal pictures and to backfill it afterwards.